GreggHosting was founded on the premise of changing the status quo. We set out to create the best web hosting platform in the world, and that’s our promise. Through our GreggHosting Sites, GreggHosting offers managed Web Hosting services, software, and support. We’re a trusted growth partner to thousands of everyday entrepreneurs. We’re on a mission to empower black-owned entrepreneurs and the worldwide community. We don’t settle and are here to stay. We serve thousands of clients from 128 countries around the globe, with over 29 data centers. Please read our terms of services for detailed information about your legal obligations If you are purchasing or using our services.
Client information obtained when utilizing our Services to create and manage websites is not covered by this Privacy statement. If the client or website collects and processes data, the client controls it. Please get in touch with the website’s owner or operator about its privacy policies and data processing. After reading this Policy, if you have questions or want more information, email us at [email protected].
2. How We Use Personal Information That We Receive
1. Information We Need
- Payment and Account Information: You supply basic contact and account setup information, such as your name, email, address, company information, username, password, and payment information, if you create a Hosting account through our Services or interact with GreggHosting. The third-party payment processors may retain your payment information we use in line with their respective privacy policies and agreements; however, we do not save your payment information.
- Posts and Comments On Websites: You can include a profile image, display name, website (URL), and other content or information at your discretion when you leave a remark, post in a forum, or submit an article to our website. Be mindful that whatever you post on our website will be seen by everyone.
- Application Data: Consider your interest in working for us. In that case, you must submit any information listed on your resume, curriculum vitae, or other application materials, including your name, address, date of birth, photo, educational background, employment history, and licenses or other credentials. You may also provide further personal information during a face-to-face or video interview.
- Questions and Other Information: When you get in touch with us via our live chat feature, online contact form, “Have a question?” portal on our website, email, or any other communication method, you typically give us your name, email address, the topic of your question, and any additional information you deem appropriate.
- No Need Sensitive Information: If you use the Services, communicate with us, or apply for a job, please refrain from sharing any highly sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, health, medical details, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information about a person’s sexual life or orientation. Any highly sensitive personal data given to us may be rejected or deleted at our discretion.
2. How We Use the Information You Give Us
- We use the information you submit to establish your account, deliver the Services, accept or process payments, and keep in touch with you regarding your account and the Services.
- Promote the Services: We might use your information to advertise and publicize our Services. By emailing us at [email protected] or selecting the “Unsubscribe” button in the appropriate communication, You may always decide whether to receive our promotional emails or not.
- We use the data we gather to advance the safety and security of the Services, our customers, and other parties. This safeguards the Services as well as you. For example, we might use your information to verify user identity, allow safe financial transactions, stop spam, fraud, and abuse, respond to legal inquiries or claims, conduct audits, or uphold our Rules of Service or other terms and rules.
- Recruitment and Hiring: We use the applicant data mentioned above to find and assess candidates who might join our team.
3. Information We Automatically Gather: When you use the Services, we automatically gather some information—some may be personal—using cookies and other similar technologies. Your unique personal data, such as name, date of birth, gender, or email address, are not collected by cookies or other similar technologies. Instead, information collected through cookies and other automated means usually relate to your devices and the activities you perform on them, including your search history, I.P. address, the browser you’re using, your operating system, your settings, access times, the opens, clicks, and downloads of our email, as well as the URL you came from. We may also gather information on your mobile device’s settings, frequency of use, and device identification if you use one. Our third-party analytics, advertising, and anti-spam partners may gather or share this data. Before automatically collecting any data, we will ask for your permission by the applicable policy if obliged.
4. How We Use Automatically Collected Information: GreggHosting and its service providers use the automatically collected data described above to provide, advertise, and improve the Services. Which includes tracking your preferences and profile information, customizing services and content, determining the success of promotions and digital communications, conducting analytics, placing our advertisements on other websites, estimating your general location and time zone, safeguarding against spam and malicious activity, and more.
5. Information Taken from Third Parties: Occasionally, we may procure personal data from third parties, including open websites, social media platforms, business partners, and applicant tracking systems. Names, contact information, email addresses, details about one’s professional or work history, and other publicly accessible information may be included in this data. We might utilize third-party data for our advertising or marketing initiatives, such as emailing potential customers about our services or hiring and screening candidates.
6. By emailing us at [email protected] or following the “Unsubscribe” instructions in the relevant communication, you may always choose not to receive any further marketing or recruiting emails from us.
3. How We Circulate Your Data
- GreggHosting does not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other parties unless stated below. For the objectives specified in this Policy, we only reveal your personal information to the following categories of service providers:
- I.T. and cloud services providers to store and protect your data.
- We use email and communications processors to interact with you regarding the Services.
- To collect your fees and handle payments, use payment processors.
- Contractors to deliver, promote, and enhance the Services and respond to your inquiries.
- Partners in analytics, tracking, and measurement to assist us in bettering the Services.
- We work with advertisers to handle our web advertising campaigns and place our adverts on other websites you visit.
- Partners in marketing to contact you with marketing and promotional materials on our services.
- Partners in hiring and talent acquisition to find and assess potential team members.
- Additionally, we might disclose your information to comply with legal obligations, look into alleged criminal activity, comply with contractual agreements, safeguard the security of our services and users, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or assignment with a third party.
- An explanation of how we divulge your information to our event sponsors: If you participate in one of our sponsored events, we might give the sponsor your name and email for marketing and business purposes. We will ask for your permission before disclosing your information to our sponsors for their purposes unless we are forced to do otherwise by relevant law.
4. How We Can Control Your Rights & Account
- Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns regarding how to manage, update, or remove your account or data. You may find instructions for closing your account here.
- Depending on where you live, you can be granted the following legal protections about your data:
- You have the right to ask for access to your personal information and information about how we handle it, who we share it with, and your rights.
- You have the option to revoke your permission in cases where we process personal data based on it.
- Your data may be processed without your consent.
- You have the right to ask that we limit how we use your personal information.
- You can ask us to remove your personal information or get a copy of it.
- Personal information that is incorrect or missing can be changed.
- We won’t treat you differently if you claim any of your rights. Before acting on any request, we may require confirmation proof from you. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any queries or concerns regarding your rights. If dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to file a complaint with an appropriate supervisory body about your data.
5. How We Store and Protect Your Data
- We have established strong administrative, technical, and organizational safeguards to preserve the privacy of your data. These precautions should shield your information from any data breaches that could lead to its loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. The only people who can access the information we collect about you are our staff members, contractors, and third-party service providers. Please be advised, nonetheless, that the Services, like any website or data storage system, cannot provide 100 percent security.
- Generally, we keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the services. When you remove your account, we destroy your information within a reasonable time frame. If you deactivate your Services account, we may save your information for a certain time so that you can easily reactivate it.
- To the extent required to meet our legal and regulatory duties for fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention and to satisfy our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, we may retain certain personal data after you cancel your account. If required to keep records for a certain amount of time by law, we will do so in agreement with any applicable restriction periods and records retention responsibilities.
6. Transfers internationally
When you give your personal information, you consent to any overseas transfers of that data to GreggHosting or its aforementioned third-party contractors or service providers to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. We collect personal information from users within your country, but we may transfer that information to GreggHosting or those parties on our behalf. We rely on adequacy determinations, suitable protections, or derogations for transferring personal data across international borders as required by law.
Contact us at [email protected] to obtain information about how we transmit your data across borders if you reside in the EEA, U.K., or Switzerland.
7. Shield of Privacy
Children under the age of 13 or those whose authorities have higher minimum ages are not knowingly subject to our collection of personal data. We shall take reasonable steps to remove any personal information from a child under the required minimum age if we become aware that we have collected it. Contact us at [email protected] if parents or guardians believe their child has provided personal information to us and would like it removed.
9. Other Website Links
As a courtesy or to give you more options for spreading the word about the benefits of the Services, we may provide connections to other websites. Know that we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you disclose to these third parties. Before you use their services or provide them with personal information, you should carefully read their privacy practices and policies, if any. We do not support any of the views expressed or any products or services offered on these third-party sites, and we disclaim any liability for your use of them.